The Braking Point podcast kicks off the new year with a new format and does so by telling the story of its co-hosts and its big brother The Apex.
On the first episode of The Apex’s official podcast in 2017, Editor-in-Chief Aaron Durant and Executive Editor Ben Hinc go over all the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, Mazda Road to Indy and Verizon IndyCar Series news from the past seven days as always, but the majority of the episode is only loosely related to racing news.
Moving forward, the news portion of The Braking Point will be followed by a lengthy discussion about a particular racing topic. Not only will the show continue to provide audio coverage of the week’s racing news but key concepts will be delved into by The Apex’s leaders, offering increased value to the listener.
This week, the in-depth topic is The Apex itself. Durant and Hinc recall their individual stories about “catching the racing bug” and getting involved with covering racing before explaining their mission and The Apex’s purpose at a time when motorsports journalism could use a revolution.[powerpress]
- Sportscar365: Stevenson Confirms Single Audi Entry for Daytona
- Sportscar365: IMSA Sets Initial 2017 Balance of Performance
- Sportscar365: Preliminary Roar Before 24 Entry List Released
- Sportscar365: Performance Tech Confirms Rolex 24
- The Apex: Rast Joins Visit Florida for Daytona
- The Apex: BAR1 Adds Second Daytona Entry
Mazda Road to Indy
- RACER: Urrutia returns with Belardi
The Braking Point is produced and distributed by The Apex.
Every corner has at least one apex, but The Apex stands alone at the intersection of business and entertainment for the NTT IndyCar Series.