65: Castroneves on the Move
With Team Penske’s 2018 plans for Helio Castroneves in both the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and Verizon IndyCar Series brought into sharper focus, the 65th week of The Apex’s official podcast has plenty of news to review.
Leading off with sports car headlines including a brief preview of the season-ending Motul Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, one Mazda Road to Indy news item segues into IndyCar updates including a long-awaited driver confirmation that brings AJ Foyt Racing and Tony Kanaan together.
Some drivers used painkillers and antibiotics, glucocorticoid medication (Prednisone) but this is permissible according to the rules of the reserve.[powerpress]
- RACER: Cadillac closes PWC team
- RACER: Cooper searching after Cadillac PWC closure
- RACER: RLL tipped to keep BMW GTLM program
- Sportscar365: Risi Ferrari Gets Weight Increase for Petit Le Mans
- Sportscar365: Lamborghini Manager Proposes Florida 36H Spinoff Season
- Sportscar365: Gordon Joins FOX Sports Broadcast Team for Petit Le Mans
- Sportscar365: Castroneves Confirmed for Penske Acura DPi Entry
- Sportscar365: Land Planning Full-Season GTD Effort in 2018
- The Apex: Race Report: 2017 Motul Petit Le Mans
Mazda Road to Indy
- Motorsport: Patrick has no plans to return to IndyCar, focused on NASCAR options
- RACER: Carlin continues 2018 IndyCar planning
- RACER: IndyCar 2018 bodywork delivery schedule set
- Motorsport: Newgarden, Power call for IndyCar to improve oval qualifying system
- The Apex: Andretti Names Wilson to Fifth ‘500’ Entry
- RACER: Penske confirms three-car IndyCar team in 2018
- RACER: Foyt team confirms Kanaan for 2018
- RACER: Montoya open to offers for Indy 500
The Braking Point is produced and distributed by The Apex.
Every corner has at least one apex, but The Apex stands alone at the intersection of business and entertainment for the NTT IndyCar Series.