46: You Don’t Know How Good Is Your Engine
The final installment of The Braking Point podcast before the 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 steals its name from a Tony Kanaan quote said by the Brazilian driver during preseason testing, though with a twist to allude to the intriguing engine story unfolding at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this month.
After discussing the entry list for the upcoming IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race in Detroit and going over the messy Pirelli World Challenge weekend north of the border, The Apex’s leaders Aaron Durant and Ben Hinc talk about every bit of Verizon IndyCar Series news to surface since Fast Friday.
Durant and Hinc conclude Episode 46 by reviewing and previewing Chevrolet’s battling with Honda at the Indianapolis 500 and deciding on who they think will drink the milk on Sunday.[powerpress]
- The Apex: 28 Cars Entered for Belle Isle
- RACER: Buford wins PWC GTS race at CTMP
- Sportscar365: Buford Sweeps PWC GTS Races at CTMP
- RACER: Cooper, Taylor rally for PWC SprintX win at CTMP
- Sportscar365: PWC Updates SprintX Yellow Flag Protocol
- Sportscar365: Weather Forces PWC to Scrap SprintX Race 2 at CTMP
Mazda Road to Indy
- The Apex: Bourdais Tops Fast Friday Practice
- The Apex: Chaves Fastest in Final Practice Before Qualifying
- The Apex: GEICO Backs Bourdais for 101st Running
- The Apex: Carpenter Paces First Qualifying Day
- The Apex: Bourdais Fractures Pelvis, Hip in Crash
- The Apex: Alonso Tops Fast Nine Practice Ahead of Pole Shootout
- The Apex: Davison Replaces Injured Bourdais
- The Apex: Dixon Grabs Third ‘500’ Pole in Thrilling Qualifying
- The Apex: Pagenaud Battling ‘Mystery of Indianapolis’ With Teammates
- RACER: Dixon, Franchitti unhurt after armed robbery
- The Apex: Chilton Tops Busy Indy 500 Practice
- Motorsport: Coyne says there’s no question over Bourdais return
- RACER: IndyCar ’18 road course bodywork reveal coming
- Motorsport: Honda still investigating Indy engine failures
- The Apex: Several New 2018 Aero Kit Renderings Revealed
The Braking Point is produced and distributed by The Apex.
Every corner has at least one apex, but The Apex stands alone at the intersection of business and entertainment for the NTT IndyCar Series.