The Braking Point hits its 35th week with a plethora of news focused on the season-opening race weekend for the Mazda Road to Indy, Verizon IndyCar Series and Pirelli World Challenge on the streets of St. Petersburg.
Beginning with sports car updates covering the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship’s preparations for its visit to Sebring, the official podcast of The Apex then moves on to a long list of PWC headlines as the series gets ready to race for the first time in 2017.
MRTI is next with final results from Spring Training at Homestead-Miami Speedway and a few driver confirmations before Editor-in-Chief Aaron Durant and Executive Editor Ben Hinc kick off the week’s IndyCar news.
Due to a loss of power midway through the IndyCar segment for Durant, Hinc brings it home solo and concludes the episode with an in-depth topic previewing the upcoming weekend of racing in Florida.
- Sportscar365: Muecke, Pla, Johnson Confirmed in Third Ford Entry for 12H Sebring
- Sportscar365: 46 Entries for 12H Sebring
- Sportscar365: Cadillacs Slowed Again in Pre-Sebring BoP
- Sportscar365: Panoz Avezzano GT Breaks Cover; Set for St. Pete Debut
- The Apex: RealTime Reveals New Liveries
- RACER: GMG expands PWC program with McLaren in GTS
- Sportscar365: Magnus Confirms Kaffer, Pumpelly for PWC GT Season
- Sportscar365: R. Ferri Returns to PWC; Riberas Confirmed for Season
- Sportscar365: De La Torre Returns for PWC Sprint Rounds
- RACER: GMG confirms Sofronas for PWC sprints, Vanthoor for SprintX
- Sportscar365: Flying Lizard Reveals Porsche GT4 Clubsport Liveries
- Sportscar365: St. Pete Entry Grows to 45 Cars
- Sportscar365: Bergmeister Reunited With Long at Wright for SprintX Races
- Sportscar365: Montecalvo, Ziegler Confirmed in ANSA KTM X-Bow GT4s
Mazda Road to Indy
- The Apex: Askew Tops USF2000 Test at Homestead
- The Apex: Martin Fastest in Pro Mazda Spring Training
- The Apex: Andretti Drivers Pace Preseason Indy Lights Test
- RACER: O’Ward returns to Team Pelfrey for Indy Lights debut
- RACER: Rising MRTI stars Martin, Askew to race with Cape Motorsports in 2017
- RACER: Pro Mazda champ Telitz joins Belardi for Indy Lights
- Motorsport: Dixon tops Sebring IndyCar test as Ganassi-Hondas dominate
- The Apex: Al-Fe Heat Treating, Foyt Partnership Continues
- The Apex: Camping Comes to IMS Infield for Grand Prix
- RACER: IndyCar, Miles looking at single TV partner
- RACER: Marotti seeks 500 return with God Bless America Racing
- Motorsport: Jay Howard to race for Schmidt Peterson at Indy
- RACER: GE to sponsor Dixon at IndyCar opener at St. Pete
- RACER: Double points extend IndyCar title chase – Miles
- RACER: Hunter-Reay files new suit in Gentilozzi-3GT case
- RACER: Prospects rising for third IndyCar engine supplier
- RACER: Significant cost savings expected from IndyCar’s aero freeze
- Race Report: 2017 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
The Braking Point is produced and distributed by The Apex.