The second episode of 2017 continues The Braking Point’s new format consisting of a news roundup followed by an in-depth topic on which the hosts may or may not agree.
This week, Aaron Durant and Ben Hinc recap the Roar Before the Rolex 24 test and cover the latest IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, Mazda Road to Indy and Verizon IndyCar Series headlines before diving into the fate of racing on television.
A wide-ranging discussion on the future of media, the prevalence of cord cutting and the ways in which racing coverage will be consumed in the future comprises the second half of Episode 27.[powerpress]
- The Apex: Jani, Rebellion Top First Day at Roar
- The Apex: Jani Paces Saturday Running at Roar
- The Apex: Franchitti Named Rolex 24 Grand Marshal
- Sportscar365: French Set for Full Season Effort at Performance Tech
- Sportscar365: Simpson Confirmed for Full Season in JDC-Miller Oreca 07
- Sportscar365: Angelelli to Retire After Rolex 24
Mazda Road to Indy
- The Apex: Kanaan Among IndyCar Drivers Preparing for Rolex 24
- RACER: ‘Lot of potential’ after Honda test – Kanaan
- The Apex: Texas Announces Track Updates for 2017
- RACER: Keith Urban to headline Legends Day concert
- RACER: Auto GP champ to test with SPM
The Braking Point is produced and distributed by The Apex.
Every corner has at least one apex, but The Apex stands alone at the intersection of business and entertainment for the NTT IndyCar Series.